Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I grew up with restaurant knowledge in my blood. My grandmother on my mom's side of my family was the third person to ever go through Wilton Cake Decorating School when it first opened in IL  She as collected every pan, book, everything Wilton made from when they first opened their cake decorating school until she died. I grew up baking all kinds of pastries when I was a kid. At the age of 8 I was decorating cakes with my grandma.  When at the age of 16 I got a job working in the bakery in a local grocery store. I moved from there to go to Culinary School.  In 1999 graduated with a degree in culinary art with a minor in pastry art from New Hampshire College, (now called Southern New Hampshire University) In 2000, I got two more degrees. One in Hospitality and Restaurant Management. And One in Tourism Management.  I have worked for various bakeries and restaurants. I have learned the ins and outs of the restaurant industry. This blog is not to post blame on restaurants but rather to give credit to those of the hospitality industry who give wonderful service. From the first person the customer see to the last person the customer comes intact with and all those people in between. 

No comments:

Post a Comment